My browser is bulging with things to read, here are some I highly recommend diving into for the long holiday weekend:
- What Do QR Codes Have in Common With Tear-Out Forms?: Ah, the response – I just answered a similar question for a client last week, so I thought I’d share this with everyone.
- The Golden Era Of Information Discovery: The conversation is happening in new places. Can old media catch up and find them, or will online media outlets continue to eat their lunch?
- See something? Cite something: I do my best to attribute everything I link here, but this is a funny reminder to do so.
- IBM’s Watson computer plays Jeopardy: The Watson computer has 2,800 Power7 cores to be able to work through the word play of typical Jeopardy questions in a reasonably quick fashion. Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter are the leading all time Jeopardy winners. In their first match, who wins?
- The Royal Society’s lost women scientists: Don’t be shocked, but an examination of their archives led the Royal Society to realize that women played a much more critical role in the development and dissemination of knowledge than previously recognized. They’re starting to do something about that.